Join our engineering team
Software Engineer – Merchant Integrations - PHP
WeGetFinancing (https://wegetfinancing.com) is operated by Emerging Payments Technologies, a USA company with offices in New Jersey. Our product is a real-time Purchase Finance Gateway that allows consumers to obtain instant financing from numerous lending sources when making a purchase online at a participating merchant’s website. This position is for a remote contractor. (EST or CET timezones).
We want to grow our development team, located across Europe, and we are looking for a merchant integrations senior software engineer.
What you will do
As part of the WeGetFinancing development team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our platform’s plugin integrations with different e-commerce solutions plus any merchant integrations.
You will be working as merchant integrator on the back-end engineering team. You will participate in biweekly sprints, release quality code using test-driven development practices, and write good technical documentation.
You will work with a modern stack (https://stackshare.io/wegetfinancing/wegetfinancing) using innovative frameworks using Python 3 and React, being constantly on the edge of the technology.
If you are a very passionate software engineer that follows engineering best practices and in search of constant growth, this offer is for you, giving you day-to-day challenges and learning opportunities.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Merchant Integrator to expand our current engineering team in the development support of our main product’s modernization. As part of your job, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, refactoring, adding new features and implementing new merchant plugins and integrations. You work will cover most of our merchant plugins build up with PHP, our plugin gateways build with Python, and giving support and assistance to our different partners and vendors which are using the merchant integration API.
You will be able to diagnose any bugs and issues in the merchant integrations and provide a working solution for those. As an experienced developer, you will be using different tools and building blocks in order to successfully work through the different plugin and merchant integrations in which you will be involved.
After some time working on the team, you will learn and understand how the WeGetFinancing platform and infrastructure work, with its plugins and APIs. As part of your responsibilities, it includes resolving critical bugs, fixing issues and assisting our merchants through the integration process.
What you need to bring
- +3 years of experience with PHP.
- Writing docker containers and managing them with docker-compose.
- Experience with TDD (test-driven development), Unit Testing, Q&A.
- Knowledge of engineering patterns such as DRY, KISS, SOLID.
- Ability to learn new programming frameworks and libraries.
- University degree in Computer Science or related.
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English.
Bonus points if
- Experience with Python.
- Previous experience with Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of Git and git-flow.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL language.
- Linux/Unix knowledge.
- Experience creating or consuming REST APIs (JSON, XML) and Swagger/OpenAPI.
- Experience with eCommerce and payment methods.
- Experience developing with Shopify, Magento, Woocomerce and other solutions.
- Links to GitHub/BitBucket public repositories with relevant projects, pull-requests, or any open source project participation.
- Competitive salary.
- Full remote position.
- Standard vacations package (national holidays + standard holidays).
Please submit your application within the following application link.